Friday, June 7, 2019

School's out ... forever ... (Just for now)

Today was my son's last day of school for the year.  I feel like it took forever to get to this point.  We made it!

We celebrated the end of the year with a trip to the local Dairy Queen.  Then came back home and I let him what his "stories" on the tv. He was a happy boy. 

Guess what? It got warm in my area.  By "warm," I mean temps in the upper 80s. What a swing from last week, with its 40 degree days.

I spent some time out on my cedar swing this afternoon, listening to the wild birds and the ladies talk. 

 

The mosquitos have made themselves known to us.  They are such miserable little things. It's fun to see the chicks running after them and snatching them out of the air. 

Today was a good mail day for me.  Earlier this week I placed an order for a boat shuttle.  I contacted Paradise Fibers and said I was new to weaving and would like to get a boat shuttle, but I didn't know what to get, could they give me a recommendation. The gal suggested a Leclerc boat shuttle. 


What a difference using a boat shuttle makes. I'm getting close to the end of my project. 

1 comment:

Becky G said...

Nice shuttle. Your weaving looks really good, too. It's going to cool off to the 80s here over the next week. I can't wait.