Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Works in Progress Wednesday

I haven't done a WIP Wednesday in forever. Since I'm trying to bring everything back to the blog, and share what my projects are, I figured today would be a good day to post a WIP Wednesday. 

Let's see .. currently on the needles is a vanilla sock.  Shocker, I know. 


Knit with Knit Picks Felici yarn, in the "Dark Prism" colorway.  I think.  I have both ball bands but do you think I can find them right now?  They are on my Chiagoo 24-inch circs., U.S. 1, 2.5 mm.

I have one sock complete.  I finished it last week, while on vacation.  I have been really bad about keeping a knitting journal this year, so I don't know when I cast the first one on. 

I'm about 5.5 inches into the cuff of the second sock.  I want to go about another 1.5", or so, before making the heel flap. 

I showed the first sock to my husband, told him the name of the colorway, and asked him if it reminded him of anything. He said no. I said "Really?  This reminds me of the Pink Floyd album cover. 


The other project I'm actively working on is a set of tea towels, made from Peaches and Creme cotton, in the "Ocean Stripes" colorway. I've been watching a lot of weaving videos over on Bluprint/formerly Craftsy. I think I mentioned this already ... 


Anywho, I have one towel done and I've just started the second one.  Hopefully, the finished size will be about 18" wide by 24" long. The first one went together really quickly.  

Since I'm working on tea towels, you know that means I finished the woven scarf I was working on. 

When I pulled this scarf off the loom I fell in love with it.  I LOVE the finished product.  I wish the yarn wasn't so ... hairy and sticky in the loom.  I'd love to have a wider and longer shawl made out of this yarn.  I'm thinking I may bite the bullet and make something down the road out of this yarn. 



I tried taking a photo of the scarf outside, hoping the sparkle would show.  Not so much.  I never would have thought all that sparkle wouldn't photograph well. 


No comments: