Monday, July 15, 2019

Getting ready for hunting season

This weekend we went out and set up the deer blinds. 


I'm gonna be so hidden! 

Saturday we spent some time out in the back 20, getting deer blinds set up and I cleared up the path we use. 

What a mess it was back there.  It still sort of is. All the snow we got late spring and the May snow storm did a lot of damage to the smaller trees.  Trees were bent over and pushing the hazelnut bushes into the path. 


Can you see the difference?  After a while I ran out of places to put the cut down limbs and brush.  By the time I was done, I was *done.* I was sweating, the flies were buzzing around my head, and I was wicked thirsty. 


We did spend some time out on the water. Now that summer is finally here, it gets really warm if there's no clouds. The water itself is warm like bathwater. 


It was very calm and peaceful that morning on the water. 



Sunday we decided to set up a new shed. We went to town around 8 a.m. to get pick it up.  It was a family project. This one pulled together SO much faster than the shed we bought for the land we used to own.  I remember us struggling with that set up.  The system has been improved in the last 10 years. The finishing touches were done early evening. 


Looks pretty good!

In crafting news, I'm still doing Tour de Fleece.  I'll post a more thorough update later this week.  Spinning has been my main focus but I have been working a little bit with my knitting. 

No comments: