Monday, July 1, 2019

Chatting with the neighbors

This evening I went out for a walk down to the stop sign and back.  It's not halfway around the circuit, but long enough. 

I was strolling along (yes, you read that correctly) completely lost in thought, when I heard a grunt and I realized I had walked up to where a buck was hanging out. 

He grunted at me and ran off a bit.  Then he stopped, turned to stare at me, stomped the ground and grunted again. 

I thought "Okay, this might be fun." I tried to do my best deer grunt impression.  The buck looked at me, twitched his ears and stamped his feet again.  So I tried grunting again and stamped my foot.  The buck looked a bit confused.  Maybe my grunt call was so good that it was confusing to him, or it was so awful that he was actually laughing at me.  

In any case, he eventually ran off and I continued on. 

A few hundred feet later I came across yet another deer.  I stopped, tried to take a video, but he stayed hidden for the most part.  I heard something behind me and realized I had a doe staring at me. 

Seriously ... my whole walk I was coming across deer. 

In homesteading news, one of our cherry trees is fruiting. 

I was so excited when my husband sent me these photos.  


So pretty!  

Today, when I dropped my son off at his grandma's, I picked up my birthday present from my local SIL and BIL.  Someone decided I needed to pamper myself a bit! I love it all.  I laughed when I saw the nightshirt that was picked out for me. 

Do these people know me, or what? Yarn and Coffee and I'm a happy girl. Bath gel stuff. ... That was the first thing I used to have a HUGE collection of. 


In other news, my socks are done. Yay!

Vanilla socks
Needles: U.S. 1 (2.5 mm)
Date started: Beats me. 
Date finished: June 30, 2019
Yarn: Knitpicks Felici
Colorway: "Dark Prism"


It looks like they production of one of the skeins I used got an oops in one of the stripes. I really do love this yarn for making stripey socks.  I don't know how much I have left, though. And so close to being matchy-matchy. 

I'm not sure what my next project is going to be.  As I was going through patterns today I realized I have LOTS of pretty shawl patterns and sweater patterns.  I've also been thinking of looking in my EZ Knitter's Almanac and see what it suggests for July. 

But I also said I want to spin ... what to do.  What to do. ... 

2 comments:

Becky G said...

I have that exact same night gown! Cool!

Amnicon Studio said...

I love it. It's so *me* :-)