Friday, February 14, 2020

Episode 14 - A dry spell

Welcome back! Thanks for visiting with me today. Grab your favorite drink or grab a WIP, and join me. 




To listen to an audio-only version go here, or click play below.  


The audio-only version is also available on Apple PodcastsBreakerGoogle PodcastsOvercastPocketcastsRadioPublic, and Spotify

FOs

Vanilla sock
Started: Let's say ... November 2019
Finished: January 26, 2020
Needle size: U.S. 1, 2.5 mm
Yarn: Nashua handknit socks yarn
Colorway: 7335
Dye Lot: 3555

I'm really pleased with how they turned out. 





Crochet-topped dishtowels for my mother-in-law
Started: February 5, 2020
Finished: February 5, 2020
Hook size: H, 5 mm
Yarn: Hobby Lobby soft and sleek yarn
Color: red





CC Copycat hat
Started: December 2019
Finished: January 2020
Needle size: U.S. 7, 4.5 mm
Yarn: Hobby Lobby soft and sleek yarn
Color: red





In Stitches

Love cross stitch pattern by Tiny Modernist.

Started in January 2020. 
14 count Aida cloth
Used all the called for colors. 




Happily Ever After cross stitch pattern

This is what the finished pattern looks like. I purchased the kit and am using all the called for colors and recommended fabric. 




Quilting 

Friendship star quilt



Project piece for my Bluprint Dot to Dot class. 



Pulled from the closet and not ironed.  I'm happy with how the piecing turned out.  Now, to actually work on it.
Other things going on

Spinning was discussed. I have spinning projects on my spinning wheel, the beautiful drop spindle from Blue Moon Alpaca and my turkish spindle from Scott Snyder.

I chatted about a weaving project I'd like to start, along with a couple other projects I'd like to do this year. 

I bought myself a fun "Ultimate Spinner's Multi-tool" from The Fiber Sprite.   

A needle punch project was discussed.  What should I do with it? 





Homesteading 

All the critters are doing wonderfully.  Here I am with Feffer, who wanted all my attention, recently. 




I discuss the amount of snow that has hit our area. 

Touched on some of the house projects we did. 

I'm starting a couple garden projects.  I'm so excited! 

Baking and cooking projects have been going on, too.  I've really been on a tear. The Great British Bake-off is my newest obsession. 

No comments: