Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Episode 15 - The sun is shining

Welcome back! Thanks for visiting with me today. Grab your favorite drink or grab a WIP, and join me. 





To listen to the audio version go here, or click play below. 


The audio-only version is also available on Apple PodcastsBreakerGoogle PodcastsOvercastPocketcastsRadioPublic, and Spotify


Finished Object

Started: February 9, 2020
Finished: February 15, 2020 - or there abouts. 
Needle size: U.S. 7, 4.5 mm
Yarn: Hobby Lobby soft and sleek yarn
Color: Grey with sparkles


Crochet dishcloths based on a sunflower coaster pattern. It is here.

Started: February 15, 2020
Finished: February 15, 2020
Yarn: Dishcloth cotton
Hook size: G, 4.0 mm



Spinning

I have some progress on the fiber I've had sitting on the wheel.  This is fiber that I purchased from Paradise Fibers.

Corriedale spinning fiber to be spun for a sweater I'm making for my husband.



My fancy new tool



Future projects

I chatter a bit out the February Lady Sweater pattern.  I pulled out the yarn I am going to use. 

Kitchen adventures

I've still been busy in the kitchen.  I can't recall all the lovely things I've made.  

Here's a few of them

Low carb bread pudding. - My husband LOVED it.  It smelled divine while it was baking. Super easy to throw together.  I didn't take any photos. 

Cream puffs - I used the video tutorial from In the Kitchen with Matt. 

Choux pastry is magic!

It goes from this blob of paste




to this, in such a quick amount of time. 



Book I'm listening to

I'm currently listening to "Feed" by Mira Grant

I've enjoyed the story, so far. The book was written at least 10 years ago.  I've gotten a lot of amusement from what's being told.  Some things never change and the bloggers of the world are the heroes.  There's more to it than that, but I don't think I could adequately explain it all.  Sort of predictable in terms of who the villain is. 

There was one kill-off that tee-ed me off.  And if you know me really well, you will know when it happens.  I think I sat with a scowl on my face for at least 15 minutes. 

I also rambled on about a few other of Mira Grant's books

Gardening

Update on the indoor seedlings.

I'm still watching gardeners on YouTube. Where were all these folks when I was just starting out? They are wonderful. 

Homesteading

I tell a quick story about Shadow, Feffer and Thor. 

Even bigger news: Chick incubation will commence. I can't wait for baby chicks! Estimated hatch date is  March 13.



No comments: