Wednesday, January 10, 2024

A mid-week catch up

 The last week has been pretty quiet.  Mother Nature remembered it is winter and we have a mild snowstorm going on right now.  Big fluffy flakes when I was last outside. 


One day I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies. 


My son assured me they were tasty.   He blew through them pretty fast. 

I started the grand spinning project. Well, I started spinning the four ounces of fiber I wanted to spin this month. 


Fin Wool Top

Purchased: Paradise Fibers

Started spinning: Jan. 8, 2024


I also started up my first set for "Make Bundles for Babies"


I made one of the patterns listed on the website.  My crochet gauge is so loose that the next hat I make I will need to lose one row.  I'm currently working on a matching granny square blanket.


Most of my attention has been on my DayDreams wall quilt. 


One square. ... 

Two square ... 

Three square ... 

Four!


Last night I wrapped up the four squares needed.  Now I need to sew on the sashing.  Then the borders and all the other fun stuff. 

It's going to look so nice.

In other news, I made a trip to the office today and swung by the stores before heading home. 

I stopped in Menard's to see what they had for potting soil for seed starting.  The seeds were out. 

Um ... yeah ... I may have picked a few out. ... 


Tomatoes, some herbs and flowers. 

Lemondrop basil

Hollyhock - Country romance mixed colors

Hollyhock - Fordhook giants miced colors

Tomato - Delicious

Tomato - Sandwich slicer hybrid

Tomato - Cloudy Day Hybrid

Thyme

Sweet Pea - Queen of the Night, mixed colors

Lemon Balm

Canterbury Bells - Cup and saucer mixed colors

Rudbeckia - Black eyed Susan, single mixed colors

Chamomile - German

Delphinium - Pacific Giant, Mixed colors

Sage - Broadleaf

Onion - Walla Walla

Foxglove - Excelsior Mix

Butterfly weed - Asclepias tuberosa

Rosemary 

To be fair, the tomatoes were on my list to restock my supply.  I had those last year and was happy with production.

I'll be starting some of these this weekend. (Finger crossed) Along with some of the others already in my collection. 

*squee!*

Tonite my hubby and I had a project. The other day one of us decided our spice cabinet was in a very poor state, and we both agreed something *had* to be done. 

I wish I had taken a before photo, because the transformation is remarkable. 


We had no idea we had so many spices! This isn't all of them, either. 

The top shelf is my husband's pepper collection. 

We spent a few hours going through our spices, transferring them, combining the duplicates, and marveling at our spice collection.













No comments: