Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Getting into the swing of things ...

 And trying to set myself up for success.  Set myself up for reaching goals, I mean. 

Yesterday I started working on the DayDreams wall quilt I'm making for my bedroom. 

I started my day off with Pat Sloan keeping me company. 


Sewing the pieces together. 


The first phase of my quilt making. 

Looking good so far. 


Probably the easiest piece of the whole thing. 



First square


All sewn together. 


Close to being able to sew this square together. 


I was a good girl and went a grabbed a bag of spinning fiber. 


Wool fumes is a real thing. ... I opened that bag it the smell just brought me back to when I was first learning to spin. 

I weighed it to ensure I had at least 4 ounce to spin this month. 



It's so pretty! 


In other news, I set up my indoor greenhouse and gathered almost everything I need for seed starting. 


And I made a quick little video showing the garden. 


Last little bit for this one ... 

My son ordered my Christmas gifts and they arrived yesterday.  When he asked me what he wanted for Christmas I said stuff for the garden.  

He found me some cute things online and ordered them. 


And a planter.  



I need to think of what to plant in there.  It will need to be a low growing plant.  Succulents, moss? 

Very last thing: I created a blog entry that will list the books I read this year.  A personal goal for this year is that I wanted to read and listen to books again.  The last few years have been very dry and I think my brain is starting to atrophy.  I set it up so there is a direct link to this entry just below the blog header. I did the same with my Goals for 2024 post.  

Until next time! 

























No comments: