Sunday, February 3, 2013

Daybook 2/3/13


For today ...

Outside my window... The sun is shining, the sky is a very pretty blue.  There are some clouds but not enough to hid the sun.  The temp. is 7 degrees F out but it feels like -7 degrees F. I can see the wind is blowing because the branches on the trees are moving.

I am thinking... I am thinking about what work I need to do for the upcoming week.  I have lots to do at work and not much space to put it all.

I am thankful... That I don't have to go anywhere today.  It's nice to have a quiet day at home. Yesterday we did what errand running we needed to do.  We got our shopping done before our son had to go to bowling. We were home by 1:30 p.m

In the kitchen... This morning I made a loaf of bread and a second batch of buttercream frosting.   The bread is probably not my best loaf.  The buttercream is divine, naturally.  But I'm not too keen on the cake mix I used.  Duncan Hines.  The cake "peeled" when I put the buttercream on.  Not good.  I'm glad I didn't have to bring that cake anywhere.  Usually I use Betty Crocker or Pillsbury cake mixes.

I am wearing... A t-shirt and pajama bottoms.  No handmade socks this time.

I am creating... Peace of mind. After an episode at work this week, I realized that I'm probably doing better in this area that previously thought.  I've also learned I can handle conflict better than I used to.

I am going... to enjoy this day.  A slow day once in a while is good for the soul.

I am wondering... Am I getting sick?  I had a sore throat but now a cough is developing.

I am reading... Currently I'm in between books.  The last book on my shelf is Article 5. Looks like this is the start of another trilogy.  Wish I could remember how I found out about this book.

I am hoping... that the weather man was correct when he forecasted that the next week will be slightly warmer. 

I am looking forward to... seeing each day get just a little big longer. Since I have the longer drive to and from work I realize how spoiled I was by the short drive I used to have and always being able to be home when the sun was still out.

I am learning... to enjoy the small things.

Around the house... around the house is now, but not enough to snow blow. Yes, that was my sad attempt at being cheeky.

I am pondering... about letters.  Last night I finished "The Light Keeper's Legacy" and in the book you are reminded about how important letters are.  Letters people write to each other and the journals they kept. Not only are they important to yourself and your family's legacy, but they are so important if you had an unusual job, such as being a light house keeper. It's that day to day, so-called mundane stuff that people will want to know about down the road.  Will that all be lost thanks to email?

A favorite quote for today...

Hey, don't write yourself off yet
It's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on.
Just try your best, try everything you can.
And don't you worry what they tell themselves when you're away.


Recognize that?  It's from "The Middle" by Jimmy Eats World. 


Remember, it's okay to not follow the crowd. 

One of my favorite things... Naps. They can help a person feel so much better

On and off the needles … I'm working on square #14 for the swap I'm in.

I’m currently spinning …:-(  Still nothing.

Things that bring me joy this week ... It was my son's birthday this week and Friday afternoon during dinner he stood up on his chair and said he had an important announcement to make: "That I have the best family ever"  Made my heart melt, just a little bit.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Nothing exciting at all.

A peek into my day... A couple nights ago my husband and I were out in the back yard and we found these hoof prints.  HUGE I tell ya.  At least six inches across. 


Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Kelsbels said...

I'm hoping the weatherman is correct too! I could use some warmer weather. And I need to learn to nap more. I took one on Friday and it was glorious!