Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Spring in Wisconsin

Spring in Wisconsin is not typical. This year's spring is even less typical.

Last week we had a spring snow storm or late winter snow storm or freak snow storm.  Take your pick.  It was certainly not normal.

We got plenty of warning the warning included the caution of conditions deteriorating quickly or rapidly once the system hit our area.

How quick is quick?

Within 5 minutes there was whiteout conditions.  It was incredible. 

I hot-footed it out from work as soon as I could and went to my son's school to pick him up since I wasn't sure if school was going to close early or not.

Here's some photos from my drive home.

Outside my workplace




Turning onto a main highway.  


 Going down the highway

Same highway.  To the left you should be able to see "Barker's Island"  Not so much today. 

 Country roads ... take me home.  You can sort of see the garbage truck.  I was worried he was going to pull out in front of me.
Not really sure what he was doing. 





Then on Saturday we got out and bought my son a new sled.  Yes, you read that right.  A new sled in the middle of April.  Good grief, right?

Saturday was gorgeous.  I took a few pictures while my son was "sledding"



Look at how blue that sky is.


Today as I write this, the sun is hiding and we are preparing for yet another snow storm to blow through.  Unbelievable.


No comments: