Thursday, August 4, 2022

Three on Thursday

 Now that I'm gradually tip-toeing back into the blogging world, I've been gradually expanding my blog roll.  (See list on the right). Some are newsletter type blogs, for quilting and cross stitching.  Basically, I'm trying to reduce the number of emails I receive each day. 

Once upon a time a friend told me that she kept up on her favorite blogs by keeping a blog roll on her blog site, and she checked it at least once a day.  I've always thought that was a great idea, and I adopted it for my own.  I've also used it to keep track of some blogs and sites I didn't want to lose. 

This evening I was looking at my friend's blog. I think she's been blogging longer than me.  I'm guessing she's been way more consistent in the daily blogging than I have these last couple of years.  Her and I met through a knitting community website and I'm in awe that we've managed to stay in some sort of contact all these years. She's got some work stories that will have you raising your eyebrows! 


Anywho, this evening I was reading her blog, and I was looking at her blog roll. I clicked on one blog, then clicked on another, and another.  

I saw something called "Three on Thursday." I was trying to discern if the three had to be related or just any old three. 

I decided to make it a random three.  I'm currently working on a blog post about the garden. While that one is percolating I thought I'd do this theme for the day. 


1. I LOVE a good meme.  I'm a member of a few Faceb**k groups that share this type of meme.  This is one of the tamer ones. 



2. A short bit ago I went to the local Fl**t Farm to stock up on canning jars. I spotted this sale sign and had to take a photo. I have two presto canners that I purchased more than 10 years ago.  I paid nothing close to this amount. Canning and preserving supply costs are getting obscene. 


3. Rainbows ... 


This photo is from October 2021. Early morning. It was a really beautiful sky that day. 



Weather-wise, today was a pretty nice day.  I ended up running to the office this afternoon.  I decided to go to a couple stores, picking up groceries and a couple other things.  One of my coworker's came up for a meeting and it's been ages since we've seen each other. We didn't get to chat for long, though.  I was eager to get the drive home over with and get supper going. Along with a few other things that needed tending, like chicken chores. 

The evening has been pretty quiet.  I'm tired and it's been a bit of a long week. I'm looking forward to the weekend. I've got "Murder, She wrote" on the tv. I've been on a bit of a movie cozy mystery kick lately and I've watched all the Aurora Teagarden movies, and all the episodes of "Dark Winds." Which, by the way, I highly recommend  "Dark Winds." Fabulous series. 

4 comments:

knitster said...

That last picture is breathtakingly beautiful. How lucky you were to witness that. I do enjoy your blog.

Amnicon Studio said...

Thank you! <3

Becky G said...

Thank you for the shout out! I need to get back to doing Three On Thursday. It comes from Carole Knits blog, and she usually picks a topic. You were wise to come up with your own topic, as this week's was "reliable" news sources. Since she's ultra liberal, you can guess where that is going.

Amnicon Studio said...

I tried finding where the theme might be listed. I didn't see anything, and someone else had a few different things. "Reliable" news sources, lol. Too funny. Is anything reliable anymore?