Wednesday, August 10, 2022

WIP Wednesday

 My first projects post in a while. 


Okay, lets go! 


Project Name: Vanilla socks
Started: July 2022
Finished: 
Designer/Source: My own pattern
Yarn:Knit Picks Felici
Colorway: Captain Nemo
Colors: blues
Required Amount: 
Needle/Hook Size: U.S. 1 (2.25 mm)
Gauge: beats me
Made For: Myself
Dye Lots: 18510

My first pair of vanilla socks in a while.  I need something to work on while I'm waiting in the waiting rooms, or passenger in the car. I love Felici socks yarn.  I wish the socks would last a bit longer. 

I have two cross stitch projects going.


Project Name: Edna goes to brunch
Started: early July 2022
Finished: 
Designer/Source: Lindy Stitches
Fabric: 32 count Mint Splash Lugana by Zweigart
Floss: I'm using the called-for colors in DMC
Stitch count: 133 x 96
Size: 8.3" x 6"
Needle Size: size 28

This was this year's Mother's Day gift from my husband. I just love the look on the birds face in the original photo. This is my first time stitching on Lugana.  It has been a bit of a learning curve. I was struggling with it for a while and then *bam* something clicked and now I'm having an easier time with it. I ordered the recommended fabric for this project since I love everything about how this looks. 


I have a fancy new cross stitch stand. It is a Hope Stand.  I put the order in for it back in July.  It's an early Christmas gift from my husband. He didn't know about it until it was delivered.  One of *those* kinds of gifts.  Ha ha ha!  
 

I've been happy with it, and am glad I ordered it. I'm teaching myself to cross stitch with two hands. Slow and steady, and I think I do stitch just a bit faster. 

The other cross stitch I have going is for a stitch along in a Faceb**k I'm a member of.



Project Name: Stars and Stripes
Started: July 16, 2022
Finished: 
Fabric: 14 Count Aida by Zweigart, in "toast."
Pattern originally called for 36 count linen, in a light mocha color
Floss: I'm using the called-for colors in DMC
Stitch count: 74 x 122
Size: Too lazy to do the math right now
Needle Size: size 26


What the finished pattern looks like.




3 comments:

knitster said...

I love the stand and your sock yarn is very pretty.

Becky G said...

I love your cross stitch! I used to do cross stitch all the time, back when I had a lot more patience. I don't know. It stopped being fun for some reason.

Amnicon Studio said...

There are so many fun cross stitch patterns out there. And lots of free ones. :-). If you ever want to dip your toes back into it.