Tuesday, October 24, 2023

One thread before bed

The other day I was taking out a new flosstube for a spin.  Unfortunately I don't remember which channel, or her name.  

However, she said something that stuck with me.  I've heard it said other ways, but her way rhymed. 

"A thread before bed." 

And it makes total sense if you want to have some progress, but not dedicate hours a day to something. 

How do you eat an elephant? 

A bite at a time. 

Does anyone ever do just one thread when they pull their cross stitch out?  Maybe it's different if you are working on a high count linen. ... I usually end up stitching two or three threads. Tonite was three threads. 

I decided to take a break from the crochet cardigan.  I was crocheting like the wind and my hand started aching.  

I've pulled out my snowflake cross stitch project and giving it some attention. It is just over 50 percent completed, according to patternkeeper. 


Did you notice the pretties in the photo? I'm kinda matchy-matchy with this one. 

I found some snowflake scrapbook paper and made matching flossdrops and a thread charm.  Floss bling? I don't know what it's called. 


I also made a little beaded pendant to go with the charm. 

And then I decided to be *really* clever and make another scissor fob. 

The only way I could improve upon this is if I had a snowflake needleminder.

I had a LOT of fun pulling it all together. 

Project Name: #723 Snowflake

Started: Jan. 1, 2023
Finished: 
Designer/Source: Tiny Cross Stitches
Fabric: Aida cloth 14 count Hobby Lobby Zweigart. Aida has silver threads running through it. 
DMC floss in called for colors
747 ; 964 ; 995 ; 996 ; 3756 ; 3761 ; 3843 ; 3846 ; B5200
Colors: blues
Needle Size: 26
Made For: Myself. I've decided I'm keeping it for myself.  I told my husband that when it is done, I'm putting it on display year-round. 


Let me show off a finished object. 

Remember Edna? 

I finally finished her!



I'm trying out frames for her. That's why the fabric isn't trimmed or threaded.  

Isn't she beautiful? 


Project Name: Edna goes to brunch
Started: early July 2022
Finished: early September 2023
Designer/Source: Lindy Stitches
Fabric: 32 count Mint Splash Lugana by Zweigart
Floss: I'm using the called-for colors in DMC
Stitch count: 133 x 96s
Size: 8.3" x 6"
Needle Size: size 28

Lugana fabric is definitely not my first fabric of choice.  I'm a aida girl.  Definitely.  

But, ... I'll definitely give it a try on a small.

1 comment:

Becky G said...

I love your snowflake! It's going to be gorgeous when it's done.