Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Wednesday works in progress update #8 for 2023

I've made some really nice progress with my crochet cardigan.  I have all five pieces complete and am now working up the muster to seam the pieces together. 

The back


The front pieces


The sleeves


I was rewatching one of the videos on the craftsy class, to see how to sew all the pieces together.  The instructor shows a method that seems a bit more involved to me.  I'm not looking forward to this part of the project.  

And then ... I have to add ribbing on the edge, collar and wrists. That part looks way more complicated.  Or, maybe my mind just couldn't wrap my mind around it because I wasn't trying to work the stitches while I was watching how to make them.  If I was any other kind of crocheter (i.e. really lazy) I'd be tempted to leave the ribbing off, but then the cardigan wouldn't look complete. 

This is what I have left for yarn. For the fronts and the sleeves, I used a fresh yarn ball. I figure I can use the leftovers for seaming everything together.  


Project Name: My first crochet cardigan

Started: Sept. 30, 2023
Finished: 
Designer/Source: Craftsy or Lionbrand. 
Yarn: Lion Brand wool ease
Colors: Grey heather
Hook Size: H 5.0 mm
Made For: myself. 


Yesterday I shared about my snowflake cross stitch.  You can click here, if you missed it. Thank you to all who complimented my progress and my fancy new bling. 


I sewed up one of the blocks I had in progress for my sandpiper quilt. 


That's five down. Seven more blocks to go. 

Project Name: Sandpiper quilt
Started: Jan. 21, 2023
Finished: 
Colors: A different color palette each month.
Made For: Myself

You can see all my posts for this quilt here


1 comment:

Becky G said...

I'm loving the quilt square! I can't wait to see the finished product.