Friday, August 23, 2024

Feeling the cozy

 I was having a quick conversation with one of my coworkers today.  We both agreed that it's really feeling like fall out there. This morning I heard the wind blow through the leaves. I thought how in a few weeks the leaves will be starting to change colors and there will be that certain smell in the air because of it.  We also agreed that the weather is starting to feel like soup weather.  Mmmm, soup. I shared this recipe with her, for Autumn harvest soup

The weather has been out of the norm this year. I thought we were going to have an early spring and summer, based on the warm temps.  Now it feels like autumn is going to be next week. 

This week has been quiet-ish.  I've appreciated it.  This "Autumn-is-just-around-the-corner" feeling has got me thinking of late September and October, and what things need to be done.  

And hunting. 

This evening I saw a small-ish buck in the side yard.  I couldn't speak for a moment and I know my jaw dropped.  Kind of like this: 


The lone photo I got of him. 


I watched him for a moment and I could tell he was staring at something.  I moved to a different window and spotted the rooster. I suppose they were thinking "what are you?!" to each other. 

Earlier this week I picked up a book during my lunch hour. "Remarkably Bright Creatures." 

So far it's good writing.  I'm still trying to suss everything out.  I'm not far enough in to figure out/learn how all the character storylines will tie in together.  

When I opened the book I saw something the library stamped just inside.  Neat idea. 



I haven't been carrying my phone around with me much this week so I don't have too many photos of *stuff* to share. 

In the evenings I've been working diligently on my "Quilted Christmas" stitch.  Last night I finished the third chart. Hooray!


I even ironed the cloth.





Project Name: Quilted Christmas

Started: Late November 15, 2023
Finished: Aug. 22, 2024
Designer/Source: Emily Call
Fabric: Charles Craft 18 count Aida cloth
DMC in called for Colors: DMC Blanc, 168, 469, 3712, 3045, 816, 310

Now to find some cute backing fabric and turn these in to little pillows. I can't wait!

This evening I thought it would be a good time to go pull floss and fabric for a few new stitchy projects. 

One is a project I already talked about doing.  I'm going to change the color for the body of the porkie. 


The DMC card and the master set of floss really came in handy with deciding what floss to pull for the porcupine. 


I kitted up a couple other projects.  They are in the project bags, and probably won't be started until September. 



I'm thinking this weekend I'll pick out sock yarn and get it ready to go for a September start, too. 










No comments: