Monday, August 5, 2024

The fastest Monday in a long time

 This Monday FLEW by. 

I swear, this morning I blinked and it went from 8:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. 

Then I blinked again and my work day was almost done. 

Why can't all work days go like that?  I almost wonder if I forgot to do something. 

Re-entry to the work week wasn't near as rough as I thought it would be.  Nice!

Since the day went so fast there isn't much to chatter about, right? 

Um ... well, I did some spinning this evening. 

I finished the bobbin I was working on and started the next one. 


I didn't realize how soft and out of focus this photo is. Oops. 


This is my fourth bobbin for the year.  I am so behind on the goal I had set out for myself. Even so, this is probably the most spinning I've done this year than the last few years combined. I didn't do Tour de Fleece.  I'm not sad about it.  I wasn't one for sharing too much during Tour de Fleece anyways so I don't think I'm missed. 


Fin Wool Top - 32 ounces

Purchased: Paradise Fibers

Started spinning: Jan. 8, 2024 

Amount spun so far is unknown. 

If you watched my most recent video you will have seen I rambled a bit about wanting to pull a cross stitch project out of hibernation. 

I did that yesterday and put in 150 stitches, give or take a few. 



Project Name: Quilted Christmas
Started: Late November 15, 2023
Finished: 
Designer/Source: Emily Call
Fabric: Charles Craft 18 count Aida cloth
DMC in called for Colors: DMC Blanc, 168, 469, 3712, 3045, 816, 310

I started the second chart in the trio. If last night was any indication, this one will be a quick stitch. 

It rained today.  It's still raining. It's cool out there now.  The chickens were hiding under the picnic table, trying to wait it out.  

One of my little buddies seems to enjoy the rain.  Or it's guarding the feeder.  


No comments: