Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A purposeful year


Happy New Year! 2012 was quite a year.  I expanded my skill set and did an epic amount of canning, learned how to wax cheese, taught myself crochet and successfully started seeds indoors for the garden. Life also took me on quite the ride when work was once again in flux and then when DH found our new home back in July/August and started renovating it before we bought it.  I didn't do nearly as much knitting, spinning, dyeing or crocheting that I thought I would be doing.

But you know what, I wouldn't chang a thing about 2012 because it taught me a lot about myself.  This was also a year there was a lot of changes -- for the better -- that was done for the family.  When I see hear my son talk about his new school, friends and see how they all interact with each other at latchkey, I know in my heart that all the stress, self-doubt and wondering, it was the right thing to do. The whole family has benefited from our move out to the country.


Here is a shot for my friends that don't get a lot of snow in their area.   This is the view from my front window.   Not much snow, but it's pretty cold out there this a.m. In the negatives.  What a way to start the year, huh? This time last year it was pretty mild for winter and hardly any snow on the ground.  It looks like it's going to be a normal winter up here now.

I'm feeling a lot of optimism for 2013.  It's going to be a year of a lot of firsts, I think.  I also want to take this year to start carving time out for myself each day, again.  Somewhere in the last few years I stopped doing that.  This resulted in major burnout this year.   I don't want that to happen again.

Someone I know has told me more than once that a person needs to have purpose in their life.  If they don't have purpose, their life is not lived to the fullest.  That is what I want for 2013.  To be purposeful.  I will do that, I'm not exactly sure. I don't contemplate my navel but I do ponder a lot.

We are still doing some odds and ends stuff around the house.  I no longer feel overwhelmed when I think of the stuff that needs to be done inside the house.  I'm also starting to look outside more and think of all the things I could be doing outside to make it more "homey." I can't do much since it's cold out but my DH indulges me and listens to my rambles. Cause he knows I talk a lot :-)

It's going to be an interesting year.  To quote someone else: "Stay tuned."



1 comment:

Kelsbels said...

This past year has shown you how strong you are and how much you can handle. 2013 will be a great year!