Sunday, January 13, 2013

Daybook 1/13/13

FOR TODAY
 
Outside my window...  The sun is shining and disguises the fact that it's less than 10 degrees F outside.
 
 
I am thinking... about what project I should tackle today.  I really need to get into my son's room and get that taking care of.  It really hasn't been touched since we moved in.  Or do I wrap up the craft room?
 
I am thankful... For my family and friends. It's a nice feeling to know that I have so many people that care about me.
 
In the kitchen... I'm going to be making a ham for dinner.  Third time is a charm, right?  My first ham in the new house didn't turn out well.  Which was mildly embarrassing because I had company and I *still* hadn't figured out the new stove.  The second one I "cooked' in the crockpot. Yeah, we won't talk about that one. **shudder**. 
 
I am wearing...  Pajama bottoms and a nice warm purple sweater.  I'm feeling lazy this a.m.
 
I am creating... This month I'm working on knit squares for a swap that I'm doing with my online knitting group.  In March our mainsite will be closing down since we have so many other ways to stay in contact. We also have a new virtual home on Nimblestix. This is our last hurrah before we move.
 
I am going... Nowhere today.  Well, at least that is the plan. While the roads aren't slippery I don't think any of us wants to go out into the cold weather.
 
I am wondering... If the propane man will come tomorrow. When our tank reached 20 percent I put the order in, then called the company office and the gal said that someone would be here by Friday.  We had some weather issues on Friday that resulted in school closings and my working from home. I will be giving the office a call on Monday -- again.
 
I am reading... I just wrapped up "Reach." Not really sure how I feel about it.  Haven't decided on the next book yet.  I have a small pile of books from the library that came in all at once.  I may hit the kindle book next.  I don't remember what it is though.
 
I am hoping... The birds discover the bird feeder that I put up last weekend.  I put up only one tube feeder instead of going nuts and buying a bunch of feeders and having a big critter taking them down.
 
I am looking forward to... Seeing the new homestead in spring. It is going to be beautiful.
 
I am learning ... How to cook in a slow cooker.  Who knew it wouldn't be so simple.  Perhaps I'm trying to cook the wrong things in it.
 
Around the house... My son is making "stickers".  He's got the new Mario stickers game and he's been making all the stickers that go with the game.  So far he has 72 -- 73 stickers.
 
I am pondering... Not much right now.  I'm feeling pretty good about things.
 
A favorite quote for today... "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. " Winston Churchill.  I came across this one again on FB recently.  It's one of my favorite quotes. 
 
One of my favorite things... Seeing my son doing something other than playing games and watching tv.
 
On and off the needles … There is currently nothing on the needles since I haven't started a new square yet.
 
I’m currently spinning … I haven't touched my spinning wheel for at least three months.  Need to remedy that soon.
 
Things that bring me joy this week ... Hearing praise from my publisher, watching the beautiful sun rise earlier this week and picking my son up on Wednesday and the sun was still out.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week: Right now there is nothing planned.  Though in the midst of writing this entry my DH asked if I wanted to check out a store that is in a town about 40 minutes away.  Maybe :-).
 
A peek into my day... This is a photo of a picture my son made at school for me.  He said I could bring it to my office.  How sweet is this?
 


Join the fun at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



 I've known about The Simple Woman's Daybook for quite sometime.  This year I decided to take advantage and join in the fun and use it to help me keep track of what happens during the year 2013 (and maybe beyond).  I've added a few prompts of my own. When you join in the fun, please get the prompts from the website. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

Pot roast sounds yummy!

Today I made pea soup in the slow cooker. It turned out pretty good. One meal at a time :-)

Love Bears All Things said...

I have a few prompts that are my own too but I think that is fine, it makes it more personal.
I love cooking in the crockpot....I've found some good recipes on allrecipes.com

blessings,
Mama Bear

Love Bears All Things said...

I thought of another good site for slow cooking. crockpot365.blogspot.com

Mama Bear

Amnicon Studio said...

Thanks for the recommendations Mamma Bear! I hadn't heard of crockpot365.

Jazzmin said...

Enjoyed your daybook!
That is an amazing and powerful quote. I love the truth to that.
...And I hope your ham turned out well!

You have a beautiful blog, I have enjoyed the photos on various posts, especially the sunsets.

Blessings to you,
Jazzmin