Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sunrise this morning

This morning on the way to work I got to "watch" the sun rise in my rearview mirror.

It was a pretty incredible thing.  My rearview mirror got more and more orange and the sun came up and I was able to see the road and trees all around me suddenly get brighter as the sun went up in the sky.

Unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me.  Highly doubtful that I would have been able to pull over and capture the moment if I had brought the camera along.

I'd like to say that it looked something like this:



Photo credit: http://writesteps.blogspot.com

Only there is a TON of pine and birch trees along side of the highway.  The color of the sun FILLED my rearview mirror.

I wish I could say that there was something appropriate playing on the radio.  Alas, it was Five Finger Death Punch's "Bad Company"


The moment brought me joy so I wanted to write it down before I forgot about it.  The music added a bit of irony to the whole bit.

No comments: