Sunday, January 20, 2013

Daybook 1/20/13

Outside my window... It's COLD!! Don't let the sun fool you.  As of the time I pulled this photo off my camera it was 4 degrees and a -13 windchill out.



I am thinking... how wonderful it is to have heat.  We will be really lucky to get temps in the teens this week.  Next week the temps are predicted to be in the 20s for highs. Woo hoo! A heat wave.
 
I am thankful... For my husband.  He completes me.
 
In the kitchen... My husband is making chili for supper today.  He makes a fabulous pot of chili so I was pretty excited when he told me he was making it.
 
I am wearing... Warm clothes which include hand knit socks. 
 
I am creating... A different attitude.  Ever since the holidays, when I had a chance to slow down, I feel different and renewed.
 
I am going... Today we braved the cold temps and went to Ashland to check it out. But because it was so cold it wasn't as good as it could have been.  Our son was impressed to see all the automobiles and ice fishing huts out on the bay.
 
I am wondering... what it was that came and eat off the suet feeder I have in the backyard.  I can tell something has nibbled on it.  Probably a squirrel.
 
I am reading... "Crops and Robbers" by Paige Skelton.  I haven't gotten very far into it.  I'm reading snippets here and there so it's taking me a while to get into. I really enjoyed the first two books in this series.
 
I am hoping... That the snow blanket stays on my house.  It does so much to keep the house cozy, inside and out.  I love how the new homestead looks with a blanket of snow on the roof. 
 
I am looking forward to... the chili for supper. :-D.
 
I am learning ... how it is to live in the country.
 
Around the house... We are watching a SpongeBob movie we got from the movie store.  "Truth or Square"
 
I am pondering... The beatitudes.  Last week I learned about what they mean and it was an "aha" moment.  I've been thinking about them ever since.
 
A favorite quote for today...  “If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
―   Mark Twain. Would you believe I haven't read much of his works? I should add some of his books to my GoodReads list.
 
One of my favorite things... Warm cozy blankets.  I've been sleeping with one of my handknit blankets.  So warm.
 
On and off the needles … I ended up having to rip the 7 or so knit squares for my swap.  Realizing that my squares weren't going to work was really hard to accept.  But the fabric was too thin and I would have been embarrassed to send them off.  I charted out a new square and went down a needle size or 2.  The new pattern and needle size is going to work just fine. Last night I frogged the squares and rolled them up into balls. 

 
 
Things that bring me joy this week ... Sitting in the living room next to the window and being in the sun.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week: Same old, same old.  It's a publishing week so I'm going to be gearing up for that.
 
A peek into my day... Today when we went to Ashland hubby took a few photos of this road we sometimes go onto.  It's windy, rolling hills and really pretty.  It's going to be gorgeous spring and summer when everything is green.


One of our first times going on the road we had to stop because a flock of wild turkeys crossing the road. 



Thanks for stopping by and sharing my day!


Join the fun at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



No comments: