Monday, December 14, 2020

Beautiful Monday morning

Woke up to a cold temps this morning.  

You know what that means? 

It's going to be a *beautiful* day. 

The gauge said it was 10 degrees Fahrenheit outside (-12 C). Fortunately it was 68 degrees Fahrenheit (20 C) in the house.  I'm thinking my husband must have feed the wood stove at some point in the night. 

Gorgeous sunrise. This was sometime after 7 a.m., when I was out doing an early run on the farm chores. 


Thor, the senior male bunny, wasn't too happy with the sudden drop in temperature.  He came running to me, in his hutch, and I could tell he wanted to be anywhere else but outside. 

Shadow and Feffer were snuggled up to each other. 

All the chickens and roos were very happy to see me bringing homemade fermented feed in early. 

What a beautiful blue sky!


And since I was outside I got a photo of our holz housen 


Other than it being seasonably cold, nothing remarkable happened.  I worked for pay. We are hoping to get the paper done on Friday and I'm working on stuff early, and was doing putzy paperwork stuff. Nothing very exciting. 

I was listening to gardening/homesteady youtube videos in the background.  This weekend I was going through the photo roll on my phone, and seeing all the pretty photos I had taken of the garden last year. As a result, I'm starting to think of gardening stuff already. I went over to the almanac website to see when it's recommended to start planting seeds indoors.  Late March and early April.  I remember that I started some stuff on the early side last year, since I was trying to get a feel for things, but I didn't think it was *that* early. 

In any case, I've already requested a bunch of seed catalogs, so I can see if there's anything exotic I may want to try out. I don't anticipate needing to buy a lot of seeds for the veggie garden this next year. 

Flowers from last year. *sigh* 








The Golden Hour. 



I need to remember where I put my real camera.  So next year I can take kick-butt photos. 



No comments: