Sunday, December 27, 2020

Christmas week

 So what's with me writing and then stopping for almost a whole week? 

We were busy enjoying Christmas week and working on the wood project (as I have no dubbed it) 

That wood project ... it wears me out each and every time we do it. It's so sad. The pandemic and being home all the time has made me weak, I think. 

When we weren't working on the wood project, we were just home. Not doing anything special.  We had a day or two where it was cold out and not warm enough to do much outside.  We hunkered down and watched movies. 


My son and husband hefting and moving around one of the huge wood cuts. 


The pile when all that was left was the big chunks. 


Watching the boys work, from a different angle.



The pile is slowly going down. Two hours at a time, give or take. I was thinking about this project.  Even if we are working on it a few or three hours at a time, it will still take us a few months to work on it. Maybe.  It will be a weekend project since we can't work on it during the day. 



I spotted another face in the wood. 


The sunset on Christmas Eve. Beautiful


Christmas Day and dinner were quiet. The meal was more simple, as in not as many sides. I decided to focus on the turkey and the standard trimmings. My son pointed out that I forgot the corn. Oh well. 



It was a beautiful bird and browned perfectly. 

Afterwards my son asked me if we could have *real* snow cones since we got a tote full of clean snow. When the snow moved through our area it filled a huge tote I had left on the deck.  Lovely clean snow.  I made some simple syrups and used kool aid for flavoring. I haven't had a snow cone in years.  It was good!


A couple photos from when I thought I'd be *artsy.

Icicles on my roof line. The day before I took this photo I saw a gal on television who makes her bread and butter by doing icicle photography.  I never thought of it, but, yeah, icicles up close are really pretty!



I call this one "Snow shovel forgotten by the tree after serving its purpose." Ha! I'm hilarious! 




On the crafting front, I haven't done as much as I would have hoped. For various reasons. Mostly I was just too tired to think of doing anything. 

I recently started a sock with 1 x 1 ribbing. I haven't been doing much of the driving so I thought I'd take advantage and have a vanilla sock going.  I've mostly worked on it while watching television. Go fiure. 



I'm making very slow progress on my cross stitch project. This is a cross stitch pattern put out by the Fat Quarter Shop.  I'm actually further along than this photo, but I've got the project tucked away right now.  I keep telling myself "slow and steady." 


One thing I did start and I'm glad to have started was a pair of dishtowels on my loom. 


I haven't woven anything in ages. I wanted to get something going way back in March, but life got crazy with the pandemic and "safer-at-home" stuff. Not to mention baby chicks. 



No comments: