Friday, December 11, 2020

Getting back into a routine

It's been so long since I consistently wrote and updated the blog. I need to work it back into my routine. 

So ... what's been going on this week?  It's been a fairly quiet one, except for one thing. 

Monday was publishing day.  It was long. Just how it worked out.  

On Wednesday my son said "Loki has to come in, she's gonna have babies." 

"What?! No way!" I said. 

Either that day or Thursday he brought her in and she lived in my kitchen.  


At some point last night, before 10:30 p.m., Loki had two baby buns. 


One is on the smaller side, aka runty.  It was very cool to the touch this morning.  I held it for a bit before setting the whole tote next to the wood stove.  Now the baby feels warmer and both of them are still moving around.  Fingers crossed for little runty. 

Loki sits next to them, all mysterious and sphynx-like.  She's adorable. If only she was as sweet as she looks.  She's got a bit of brattiness to her. 

Furby doesn't know what to make of her new roommate. 


"Who is Furby?" you might be thinking.  She's my blind house hen.  I'll tell you more about her later.  She been the little princess of the house, but now she's no longer an only child. She's a very spoiled bird. 

I gave Loki a short break away from the babies and out of the tote. I forget how beautiful she is when her winter coat comes in. 


Here's a quick video from last night.  Furby was admiring the Christmas lights.  Then she noticed I was recording her. 


What else happened this week ... nothing, really.  I did a scant bit of crafting. I haven't been doing too much this week.  Mostly just keeping quiet. I think the whole family is sort of settling down a bit before Christmas.  There's been a lot of go-go-go, even though we might not think that's the case. I think everyone I know needs a breather and a break.

This weekend we are supposed to have snow. Currently, there is not much snow on the ground. A few weeks ago I heard the local weather forecaster said we have received two feet of snow this year.  It definitely does not feel like it. We have had really mild temps for this time of year. It feels like spring 

Or maybe not ... I just heard some scratching at my back door. I opened it up and a few of my hens were scratching at something just outside my door. 


Then just a few moments after I took the video, I heard a ruckus outside.  The roos were sounding off an alarm.  I don't believe I've moved that fast in a while. I ran out the door with no shoes on, and asking "What's going on?" I don't think that helped.  The roosters thought I was alarm calling with them. 

I have no idea what happened, but they were riled up for quite a while.

No comments: