Monday, January 23, 2023

Quiet-ish weekend and a good mail day

Is it possible to forget what happened a day or two later?  

Not that I had a lot going on this past weekend. It was a fairly quiet one.  We drove down to Rice Lake for some chicken feed. Stopped at Menards and picked up a few things. The usual. My friend Dawn is probably laughing if she's reading this. 

My husband did some snow chores and rotated my tires while I was busy doing other household stuff. 

I didn't previously mention that I had taken time off the latter part of last week. I have vacation time to use or lose. There's always something going on lately so I don't feel like I got a lot of crafty stuff done.  People assured me that I have got a lot done. Okay. I will go with that.

I spend some time on my Inspired by Joy blanket


 I got a start on my Sandpiper quilt


And I have one portion of the square complete. 

Exciting! 



It feels good to be quilting something. 

This weekend we did have something exciting happen. 



Turkeys! We've lived out here for 10 years and never had turkeys consistently come through our property.  They usually made a beeline to the neighbor's property via the cedar swamp.

They've showed up every day now, and cruised on through. I love watching them. 

Last week I took a walk through the back 20 and saw the deer have been making a tidy trail. 


Deer aren't small animals. Yet they make such thin game trails.  I hadn't been back there since we snowshoed back there to collapse the hunting blinds.  Slowly, but surely, the deer are making their little highways to who knows where. 



I hope they make it til spring.  Last year we saw so many fawns, twins and even a few triplets.  Which, I did not think triplets were possible. 


They use the trails in our back yard too. 

The weather was pretty grey this past weekend.  Thankfully warm enough to be able to do work outside without freezing.  

Today we had some snow and then the sun popped out for a bit.  Once again, the area looked like Narnia thanks to fresh coat of snow.


I wish I had my phone with me when I went out to get mail. The sun poked through the clouds and everything looked so peaceful and bright. 


Can you see the tidy snow cleanup job my man did? Meanwhile, in some of the areas we are running out of room to move snow to. 
 

Just enough snow to cover the solar panels.  Our area is supposed to get a cold front moving in later this week, or the weekend. 

Now I'm going to bare my calendar soul.

I ordered the Needle Worker's Book of Days. 

Look at my January.  I started out with such good intentions.  Then before I knew it, it's almost the end of the month and I've written notes for ONE DAY.


I'll be going through my camera roll and see if I can sprinkle some notes on these two pages. Maybe put some doodles so it's not completely bare



So ... speaking of that good mail day. My Sew Sampler box arrived. 



At the beginning of 2022 I signed up for it through Fat Quarter Shop because I wanted to do something fun for myself.  I've enjoyed most of what I've received.  I haven't sewn any of the projects yet.  I want to change that this year. 

If you are signed up for the sew sampler box, and don't want to see it yet, then I suggest stop reading now.  ... Or not. ... 

Just keep scrolling if you want to see. 








Fun!  











I do love Lori Holt's stuff.  She has such cute fabrics. I rarely buy "fancy fabrics" for myself.  If I do, I need to have a project in mind and it has to be a good one. 

One of these days I'll have to give the paper piecing a try.  However, I'm LOVING the reader glasses.  They arrived at just the right time, too.  I wanted to get more readers for the she shed and the craft room. 






No comments: