Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Works in Progress Wednesday #2 for 2023

 I haven't worked on as many things this past week. 

I worked on my Inspired by Joy blanket.  

It's at row 44 or 45, in part 3. 


Progress has definitely slowed down.  There's a stitch in particular that takes me a while.  It's where you skip a stitch, do a treble crochet, and then do a double crochet in the skipped stitch. 


I put a marker where I last took a progress photo. It doesn't show up well in the other photo.  

Last week's image


Project Name: Inspired by Joy
Started: Dec. 26, 2022
Finished: 
Designer/Source: The Crochet Crowd
Yarn:
Color A - Red Heart - White
Color B - Caron One Pound - Rose 
Color C - Caron Jumbo - Rosewood
Colors: white and rose colors with hints of green.
Required Amount: I purchased two skeins of each color
Needle/Hook Size: 5.5 mm /  I/9
Gauge: beats me ; pattern calls for 13 dc x 6 rows = 4″ [10 cm]
Made For: Myself, maybe
Dye Lots: Will find that out later.




I had visions of this cross stitch pulling together a lot faster than it is.  I haven't touched it since this past weekend.  I was holding the q-snap in my hand, and stitching.  Then I decided to set it up on my Hope stand and started stitching with two hands.  That was a lot faster. I was hesitant to use my Hope stand because it was set up just right for a different project that is on lugauna. 

Last week's photo: 




Started: Jan. 15, 2023
Finished: 
Fabric: Aida cloth 14 count Hobby Lobby Zweigart.
Floss: Using called for Classic Colorworks fancy floss
Colors: Black, pink, red, teal, green
Needle Size: 26
Made For: Myself


The first Sandpiper quilt square is complete.


I am happy with how it looks. I thought I would not starch the fabric for this quilt.  Now I'm wondering if I should have. There's a bit of waviness to some of the fabric that I know wouldn't be there if I starched. 

In progress shot: 


I'm using my new Janome Memory Craft 6650. I didn't purchase a quarter-inch foot for this machine.  I'm still debating on if I should get one. In the meantime, I've got painters tape. 

There was one boo-boo that resulted in my ripping stitches and reassembling.  I accidentally put the center bit on the wrong end of one of the pieces. I have started  shortening my stitch length to 1.5 so it was a bit of a pain to rip those stitches out. I thought I took a photo of it before I realized what I did.  Turns out I did not accidentally record my mistake. 

Project Name: Sandpiper quilt
Started: Jan. 21, 2023
Finished: 
Colors: A different color palette each month.
January 2023 is blue (Blue Jay)
Made For: Myself


My vanilla sock.  I've made it down to the heel flap and I've got six rows in, I believe.  I've been trying my hardest to not be tense or feeling stressed when I work on them.  The last few pairs I've made I've had an issue with ladders on the sides because I've been pulling the yarn too tight. I learned a LONG time ago that when I'm feeling really stressed or anxious that I shouldn't knit socks.  

Project Name: Vanilla socks
Started: Jan. 7, 2023
Finished: 
Designer/Source: My own pattern
Yarn: Patons Kroy sock yarn
Colorway: Mexicala stripes
Colors: oranges, red, purples and a smatter of blue and white
Required Amount: Two skeins of sock yarn. 100 grams
Needle/Hook Size: U.S. 1 (2.25 mm)
Gauge: beats me
Made For: Myself
Dye Lots: WL238520

Well, that's all that I've been working on since the last WIP post. I decided to take a break this evening.  It's been snowing and I know I've got snow moving/removal in my near future.  It usually wreaks havoc on my hands and wrists. Not to mention the wood I carried in to the house yesterday.  My wrists need a break. 





No comments: