Friday, January 20, 2023

Valentine Day SAL Finally Finished (FFO)

Look what I finished today! 


Oh my gosh! Isn't it adorable?! 
 

I used an orphan quilt square for the backing. 


I also put a ribbon loop on top so I can hang it where ever I want. 

Project Name: Happy Valentine's Day SAL Chart is only available in the group. 

Started: Jan. 1, 2023
Finished: Jan. 7, 2023
Designer/Source: Cherry Hilly Stitchery Chart is only available in the group. 
Fabric: 14 count aida I dyed aquamarine 
Floss: Called for DMC and recommended DMC for the substitutions for fancy floss.
B5200 ; 310 ; 321 ; 3345 ; C816 (A floss I included in case I want to add a bit of sparkle
Stitch count: 77w x 58 h
Size: 4 5/6”w x 3 5/8”h on 16ct/equivalent.
Needle Size: size 26

What else did I do today? 

I cut up some fabric for a quilt. 


This will be a year-long project.  I'm signed up for the fat quarter solids club through Fat quarter shop, and I'm going to make a block a month. 

I had a hard time understanding the cutting instructions at first.  It's been ages since I cut pieces for a quilt. 



I stared at it a few minutes and then it clicked. A ha! 

I cut up the fabric I picked up for the background, sashing, border, etc. 



And discovered I'm short on fabric.  I don't know if told the person the wrong amount to cut, or if I got shorted. The person didn't seem to know what they were doing, so ... Yeah ... So I'll have to get a bit more fabric for the borders. 







2 comments:

Becky G said...

That is so cute! Sometimes I think about taking up quilting, but I've got so much going on already. I wish we still lived in the days when we had good old fashioned quilting bees. I'll bet they were so much fun!

Amnicon Studio said...

A quilting bee would be fun!

I'm so happy with how the pillow turned out. I've got it on my window sill right now. It's adorable. :-)