Monday, April 20, 2009

Butchered my short row

on my green vanilla sock. I probably should have learned how to purl through the back of the loop before going at the heel enthusiastically. So I ripped it back some and stuck it back on needles until I can focus on it. (Today is sooooo not the day) I also ended up with extra stitches. Like two or three, at least.

In other news, I did spin for about an hour last night. Felt good to spin. I jumped on that and started spinning like I had not been on any spinning hiatus. I'd say bobbin is about two-thirds full.

I've also got the urge to knit a sweater. I don't know where this urge came from. Maybe because I see flowers blooming on southern blogs and it's still snowing up here. :-P

I seen this one called the Coraline Tunic and feel it's just gorgeous. But I think I better start with something like the Boxed sweater from knitty.com. Although I don't know if I want to spin all the fiber for it. ... If I do make the Boxed sweater I would make it longer. I'm not too thrilled at the idea of a sweater that short. The sleeves are fine though :-)

No comments: