Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's my birthday, make a mess ...

I woke up to dark, gloomy skys, a perfect morning for my birthday. It rains almost every year on my birthday. I figure it's cause I'm a cancer :-). Either that or I figure the world was weeping with joy.

I'll take either one.

Today also marks the anniversary of the Battle of the little bighorn. Or otherwise known as Custer's last stand. This is a big deal for me because I am part Indian (or Native American, if you want to be pc).

Last night I went to a spinning demonstartion and I love it. I had better luck with a single treadle wheel, then the double treadle wheel. But I feel that was because the person who used the double T before me twisted the fiber up so bad that I just never had a chance.

I also showed someone my drop spindling technique and I'm doing okay in that department :-) I now feel super prepared for Tour de Fleece :-)

No comments: