Friday, June 6, 2008

Take a break?

Started the branching out scarf again last night, but forgot where I was -- well, not really. I forgot how to do a SSK. I had frogged the scarf since I couldn't figure out where I had left off. The yarn knotted up and I ended up having to cut it off and start over. Then I had a brain freeze and decided to put the scarf down.

This morning I remembered how to do a SSK. But I haven't had much luck with knitting it today. I've gotten so used to knitting with the heavier dishcloth yarn that the sock yarn is kind of throwing me. ...

As of now I have no plans to knit anything else. I've pretty much decided that any "gift" knitting is gonna have to be for Christmas. ... Even then I'm not so sure. I have a lot of people to knit for then. ... *sigh*

Since I seem to be having a block on the scarf I'm thinking maybe I should take a break for a week or so from the knitting. I could concentrate on making stitch markers but I kind of have to be in the right frame of mind to do that. I look at the beads I have and I'm kind of at a loss as how to combine them to make them pretty. I did pick up a few more things tonite but realized that I may need jump rings. So far I've gotten most of my stuff from walmart, but the more I go and look the more I realize that they don't have a whole lot of selection.

Ahhh, my mood is probably due to the weather. The weather has been rainy, dreary and yucky. Although this afternoon the temps warmed up, but it was windy as heck.

Anywho, I think I'm gonna take it easy this weekend.

No comments: