Sunday, November 19, 2023

Another end of the week catch-up-ish ...

 This past week a lot of my focus was on an early deadline for work. 

We made the deadline. Woo hoo! Then Friday there was something wrong with our work email.  So that kinda threw me off my game.  I am SO glad that it didn't happen the day before.  That would have made for a very stressful day.

Thursday, I think it was, I decided it was time to devote some time to my spinning project that has been languishing. 

Friday night, at 8 p.m. CST, I spun the last of my grey corriedale fiber.  


When I pulled this last bit out of the bag I was so surprised it was the end. 

I purchased this fiber back in August 2019. 


The last of it all spun up. 

Like four years it took me to spin up a little more than 2 pounds of fiber. I have too many hobbies!  I can NOT take 4 years to spin the next sweater's worth of fiber. 

Saturday I turned it in to a 2-play and today I soaked and whacked it.  It's currently air drying. Sometime this next week I'll measure it and see how many yards I have. 

If I have enough yardage, I'm going to aim for the Brielle sweater in the most recent Knitty.com. 

If there is a LOT of yardage, I'm going to look for something that will use more yarn. 

In other news, the mystery CAL I signed up for I am not doing.  The parts were released and when I saw what it was I decided No thanks.  It's cute but it's not something I'm interested in making. So now I have two skeins of acryllic yarn I need to find a project for. Or, just put it in the stash/collection. 

Next week is probably going to be a busy week for me. Getting ready for Thanksgiving, There's some other things I need to take care of.  

Then, maybe then, I'll be ready for snow ... 



2 comments:

Becky G said...

That fiber spun up into some beautiful yarn. I tried spinning once, but like you, I have too many hobbies. That one fell by the wayside. I still have a wheel and several spindles, but I don't think I've spun anything in about 10 years. Suzie Dobiesz sent me tons of fiber and I feel kind of guilty for not doing anything with it, but I just don't have the time or the passion for spinning that I thought I did.

Amnicon Studio said...

Thanks.

When I get into spinning, I really do enjoy it. But, yeah, too many hobbies. :-)