Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Wednesday works in progress update #9 for 2023

 It looks like it's been a bit since I've done a WIP update.  I've had something in mind, but keep backing out of doing it, so that's why ... Yes, I'm mysterious. 

I've had the last few days off work and have been enjoying them.  House stuff has been caught up so that means time for vegging out and watching Fr. Brown and working on my knit and cross stitch projects a bit. 

When I'm not napping.  

Just kidding, I don't nap that much.  

In the last couple of weeks I've started a few new sock projects, a new cross stitch project and I've kitted up a few other projects, so to speak. 

My handspun.

Definitely a work in progress, despite my finishing it up this past weekend. Last night I decided I'm going to use it to make a cardigan. Specifically, the Bly cardigan by Berroco yarns. 

Photo is from Berroco's website. 


I decided I wanted to make something on the more easy side.  This seems perfect. 

Picture this pile of squishyness in a cozy cardi. 


I'll start this as soon as I get a few skeins wound up in to yarn cakes. Wish me luck! 

First sock project is my Monkey socks by Cookie A. 



Project Name: Monkey Socks
Started: Nov. 12, 2023
Finished: 
Designer/Source: knitty.com
Yarn: Forbidden Fiber Co.
Colorway: Tale as old as time, on the Fortitude base.
Needle size: U.S. 1, 2.5 mm
Made For: myself. 

Yarn is a pleasure to work with. 

Next up is a vanilla sock



Project Name: Vanilla sock
Started: Nov. 13, 2023
Finished: 
Yarn: Patons Kroy sock yarn
Colorway: Amythest stripes
Colors: dark purples.
Needle size: U.S. 1, 2.5 mm
Made For: myself. 

I started this project up for the times where I want to knit, but don't want to think of a pattern repeat. You can see I've got a LOT done on this sock so far. 

Up next is another Vanilla sock



Project Name: Vanilla sock
Started: Nov. 18, 2023
Finished: 
Yarn: Patons Kroy sock yarn
Colorway: Coastal stripes
Colors: variations of blue and some white or grey.
Needle size: U.S. 1, 2.5 mm
Made For: myself. 

I started this sock on a 9 or 11 inch chiaogoo mini twist. I recently started watching the Knitting Traditions podcast on Youtube, and she mentioned making socks on the small circs and I thought I would give it another try.  So far it hasn't been as tough as I remember. 

Cross stitch ... 

I started a new cross stitch project. A few weeks ago I saw Javagirl Stitches pop on with a new youtube video and an announcement of a new stitch-along and I fell in love with the Quilted Cross Stitch charts, despite my already having christmas charts to work on. 

*sigh* I was SO enabled. 

So I went to walmart and picked up some 18 count adia and dyed it myself.  I wrote about it not long ago. It turned out so lovely. 




Started: Nov. 15, 2023
Finished: 
Designer/Source: Emily Call Designs
Fabric: Charles craft aida cloth 18 count I dyed myself. Purchased at walmart.
DMC floss in called for colors
Blanc, 168, 469, 3712, 3045, 816, 310
Needle Size: 26
Made For: Myself. 

I'm not sure if I've worked on my snowflake cross stitch since I last shared it. So I'm sharing again, possibly. 


Project Name: #723 Snowflake
Started: Jan. 1, 2023
Finished: 
Designer/Source: Tiny Cross Stitches
Fabric: Aida cloth 14 count Hobby Lobby Zweigart. Aida has silver threads running through it. 
DMC floss in called for colors
747 ; 964 ; 995 ; 996 ; 3756 ; 3761 ; 3843 ; 3846 ; B5200
Colors: blues
Needle Size: 26
Made For: Myself. I've decided I'm keeping it for myself.  I told my husband that when it is done, I'm putting it on display year-round. 

It looks like I have done a smidge of work on it. 


Quilty stuff ... 

I haven't done any actual sewing on the two quilts I've had going. I'm cutting fabric.  If you are a quilter you know that cutting and prepping the fabric can take a good long time.  

I feel like I've been working forever on cutting fabric for my Dancing Stars quilt. I really need to make a hashtag for this one. 


I didn't look to see how many more fat quarter bundles I need to cut up.  Feels like a hundred. It's probably four or five.  Each bundle takes about an hour to cut.  I've been working on a bundle at night while watching "The Mindy Project" or "Burn Notice." 

Last night I decided to switch over and cut up some fabric for the sandpiper quilt. 


Project Name: Sandpiper quilt
Started: Jan. 21, 2023
Finished: 
Colors: A different color palette each month.
Made For: Myself

I think I have four more squares to cut for on this quilt. Then I can start assembling.

I have a feeling January is when these two quilts are going to see a significant amount of love. 

Future projects ... 

I decided I'm going to make another Harvest cardigan.  The last one I made I made using carons simply soft. That yarn, combined with my lack of knowing how to care for big handknits like this, cause the cardigan to stretch out. It looked awful.  

I'm going to use acrylic again, but this time I'm using a hobby lobby yarn, and I won't be throwing it in the dryer. 


I purchased this yarn about a year ago. I think it's going to look great. 

Started: Soon
Finished: 
Designer/Source: Tin Can Knits 
Yarn: Hobby Lobby "I love this yarn"
Colors: Cinnamon Cedar
Needle Size: US #6 / 4mm & US #8 / 5mm
Made For: myself. 

This pretty yarn is going to be made in to something very soon, too. I saw a amigugrumi in a facebook group and decided I had yarn in stash that would be perfect for it. 


It will be a gift for someone.  Not saying who just yet. 

That is all in my bag of tricks, friend. Tomorrow is the big turkey day. We are planning on smoking a turkey (so yummy). My son will be working.  My hubby will be working on some projects he's been wanting to do for a while, and I'll likely be puttering in the kitchen and knitting when I'm not in the kitchen. 

So, until then, happy Thanksgiving to all of you! 

1 comment:

Angelfire212 said...

I love your projects! Happy Thanksgiving!