Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Hello November, full of possibilities

I feel I need to mark the beginning of the new month. October flew by! 

Not that anything very exciting happened today.  I had an appointment in the morning, and it ended up consuming most of my day.  So exciting. 

I went cruising by a lake I live close to and there was smoke on the water.  I thought it was so pretty looking.  I decided to go to the public beach and try to take photos. 


The smoke sort of shows up.  


Yes, that is a snow pile.  Our area had it's first snow yesterday.  My whining about it will probably be in tomorrow's post. 

After admiring the lake smoke, I turned my vehicle around and set off to town. 

Then I saw the lone "fast food" joint in the village. 

This place was the first dairy queen in Wisconsin. 


It's closed for the season now.  I think it's up for sale.  No surprise.  The gal who owned the restaurant when I moved out there sold it in 2019, I think. Whoever owns it now can't live up to what the previous owners did. 

And on the crafty front, I don't think I'm going to do a WIP update this week.  The last week and a half have been kind of busy and I haven't made as much progress (almost none). 

I'm going to share two embroidery projects I did in early October.  Clever Poppy did a pop-up Facebook group and I decided to participate in.  I also made a project that I've been holding on to for a couple years, I think. 


I'm so happy with how this one turned out.  It was completed in a few evenings. 

This one was a few hours, maybe.  Super, duper quick. 

For both of these projects I tossed out the recommended colors and chose my own.

This month I want to buckle down and decide what it is that I want to get accomplished this morning, craft-wise. I want ... a game plan! I told myself I wanted to stitch halloween cross stitches in October, and make holloween-related things.  Life sometimes has a really funny way of sidetracking my hobbies. 

But, really, I could have worse things to complain about, right? Wah, I could cross stitch the things I wanted to, and quilt the things I've had languishing for months. 


2 comments:

Becky G said...

I love the embroideries, and I love the colors you chose.

Heh, this morning it was so cold in my house, I had steam coming off the tap water while I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom sink. But we're supposed to be back up into the 70s by weekend.

Amnicon Studio said...

I already miss the temps in the 70s!

Smoke on the water is really pretty if you ever get the chance to see it come off of Lake Superior.