Friday, November 3, 2023

I have a finished object!

 Last weekend, while sitting out in the deer blind, I started working on a CC copycat hat.  


I messed up the provisional cast on and had to start over. Boo!  Specially after 3.5" of 1 x 1 ribbing. 

The second time was much better. 

I worked on it a little bit each morning and each night this week.  

Just a little bit ago I cast off. 


I've been wanting a cc copycat hat in orange for years. 



Started: Oct. 28, 2023
Finished: Nov. 3, 2023
Yarn: Loops and Threads Impeccable
Colorway: Orange crush
Colors: orange
Required Amount: half a skein of the yarn
Needle/Hook Size: U.S. 7 (4.5 mm)
Gauge: beats me
Made For: Myself
Dye Lots: 2022-05-643066

In other news, I signed up for a mystery CAL I saw on Instagram. 

Already picked up the yarn. 



Our area had snow earlier this week.  Tuesday, Oct. 31, if memory serves. I was definitely not ready for it. 


I got the chicken run winter prepped just in time.  I opened the door to see how the birds were doing, because no one was outside. 

Yeah, they weren't too happy about the snow either. 


I dragged some in on my shoes and they were shooting it dirty looks, like they couldn't decide if they should kill it or eat it. 

Little Feffer didn't look very happy either.  I tried taking a photo of him and he's even more camera shy than the birds. 



That day, on my lunch hour, I went out and dug up the carrots out of the garden. 


That was a treat, trying to find the greens in the snow. 

And, in hardcore gardener fashion, I sat down in the snow and separated the greens from the carrots so I'd have less of a mess in the house. 


The carrots all cleaned up.  I've heard about how great carrots taste if they are harvested after a frost.  I heard correctly!  



The garden is officially done for the year.  Come February I'll be starting seeds up again in the house and all the fun garden madness will start again. I learned a lot this garden year and am proud that every single plant in my garden this year I started fro seed.  Including the flowers. 

Today my husband and I went up to Fleet Farm for their orange Friday.

We each received a blaze orange cap, and ended up not buying what we went there to look at. 


It's fun to get the hat, though.  

We got back home in time for me to start my work day. 

There is supposed to be a warming weather trend this weekend.  Likely our last decent weekend before the weather turns *serious*




No comments: