Monday, November 20, 2023

The totals are in ...

 Look at this massive pile of squishiness. 


Today I tallied up the yardage of all the corriedale. 


Final number is more than 1,500 yards of handspun corriedale squishiness. 

I say more than 1,500 yards because I counted up all my loops, did the math and wrote the number down.  Then I turned around and there was one more skein of handspun hanging from a door handle.  

By the time I saw it I was not in the mood for counting any more.  I saw that skein, went "NOOOOO!" and proclaimed 1,500!

I did a WPI check on several of the skeins and it looks like I have 2-ply worsted weight.  

The pattern I saw on knitty.com the other day calls for a DK weight yarn. That pattern will not work. 

Do I look for a sweater pattern that was designed with handspun in mind, or just got for a regular pattern? 


No comments: