Sunday, November 26, 2023

Starting to look like winter

 I woke up to snow flurries.  Not a snow storm.  Just enough to cover the ground. 


It's flurried for most of the day. 


I spent most of the day puttering around the house and knitting on my harvest Sweater.  Now that the snow is here to stay I can feel myself switching into more of a hibernation mode. 

Cozy days watching the snow, puttering in the kitchen, watching period dramas on BBC. 

It was a pretty good last-day-of-vacation-before-I-have-to-go-back-to-work day. 

Thanksgiving day was just the three of us.  It was my first thanksgiving where everything came together nicely and was all ready to go at the same time. 

We smoked a turkey in the new smoker. 


It turned out lovely. 


I haven't taken thanksgiving day photos in ages, so there's no photos of the food spread or the family.  We got along and had food, and it was good! 

We didn't do any Black Friday shopping, unless you count going up to the Fleet Farm and buying chicken feed that was on sale.   

I did no shopping for crafts or gardening stuff. 

I know! I'm as surprised as you are.

Thursday or Friday I decided to set up the small tree I purchased last year.  Saturday I finished decorating it and put up a few Christmas things I have. 


My husband said the star garland that I put on the table looked like razor wire.  I have to laugh.  It totally does! "Stay away from the tree!" 

I also put up the angels that belonged to my MIL.  


They look pretty good next to the painting of Furby. 


2 comments:

Becky G said...

Cute tree! And I love the angels.

We hardly ever get snow this far south, but now that I have a cord of firewood, I'll feel much better about it if we do.

Amnicon Studio said...

Thank you!

I agree, having a nice stock of firewood does help a person feel more at ease.