Thursday, November 30, 2023

It's only *felt* like a long week, so far

 The week after a vacation is usually a tough one.  Trying to catch up at work and wishing you could still be on holiday.  At least that is how it is for me. 

For whatever reason this week after Thanksgiving I fee like it's been a longer than usual week and I'm desperately trying to play catch up. 

Catching up on what? I have no idea.  

Monday I hiked it out in to the back twenty to get the SD cards from the game cams.  It was the coldest day of this week.  

It was a beautiful sky that morning. 


I spent the day catching up on work things, and feeling like I was spinning my wheels. 

Tuesday there was an Advent retreat for work. It was a lovely day and gave a lot of food for thought. 

After the retreat, when I got home, I made myself a quick cup of tea and enjoyed the quiet time for a few moments before starting supper. 

I don't remember where I got this cup from.  It was either given to me or I picked it up somewhere.  Then it eventually made it to my MIL's cupboard.  When she passed away I took it back.  


Wednesday was a busy day, again, and I feel like I didn't get much accomplished.  

Last weekend, when I was sitting out in the hunting blind, I was thinking a lot of thoughts. Some of them including the wish for electric handwarmers and why didn't I order them way back when, cause I'd have them right now.  

The desire for electric handwarmers grew into a fantasy (if you will) of having handwarmers in handknit mittens. 

So, the cardigan I started last week was put aside and I started working on a pair of mittens on Monday night. 

Last night I finished the first one. 


The pattern is from Tin Can Knits. I took the time to measure my hand and I adjusted down one of the needle sizes.  The mitten is bigger than I anticipated it to be, so I will likely run short and need to pick up some more Lion Brand Wool-Ease thick and quick from the Walmart. 

I LOVE this mitten and can't wait to complete the second one.  I'll be working on it all my spare time and hopefully I will be able to wear them when I go out hunting this weekend. 

Funny thing ... or, interesting thing, if you want to go that way.  I'm starting to find myself going back to the same patterns.  This mitten pattern I'm planning to print out and have it in my binder for the next time I want to make mittens. I love how they took the time to have mittens in all sizes and yarn weights.  I love Harvest cardigan they put out, as I'm making another one right now. 

I have all these knitting patterns, stored digitally somewhere, and I find myself going back to ones that I feel are tried and true. There are so many patterns out there it's overwhelming a lot of times when you want to make something to give as a gift. 

Anywho, just had to get that out there. 

Oh! in other news, last week I cut up ALL the fabric for the two quilts I'm working on.  I buckled down, got brave about stacking fabrics and got it ALL cut and ready to go.  I thought I'd be in the craft room this weeking, working on blocks.  Nope.  Those mittens have me smitten and I must finish them before I do anything else. 



2 comments:

Becky G said...

I love the mitten! I've been thinking about making myself a pair of fingerless mitts. All the patterns out there and I'll probably go back to my tried and true Fetching from Knitty. I think...I mean, I think it's from Knitty. I'm not completely sure.

Amnicon Studio said...

Fetching is from knitty! I made a mess of those fingerless mitts!