Tuesday, August 26, 2014

In the busyness of life ...

Life gets busy. 

The last week or so it's been pretty busy. 

I've been tired too.

BUT I finally made myself a batch of homemade granola.  I've been wanting to make that for, oh, at least a month.

So much more happened besides that.

We are still working on the chicken shack of love. Thanks to the rainy weather it's not as far along as we'd like it to be.  The outside is all painted and I just need to touch it up here and there. It's been wired for lights and such.  Just need to do some interior stuff and a few things on the outside.  That makes it sound so easy, but it's still a wee bit to do.

These guys were just hanging out one day. 


This was from this past Sunday. The turkeys really like it if you pet their head.  Their eyes close and they go limp. 


Something I need to share before I forget.  Saturday night I was out painting the chicken shack. I heard some commotion and turned around to see Priscilla aka "Prissy" had jumped onto the white turkey and was trying to make hearts.  The turkey didn't know what to make of this little pipsqueak jumping on her back. Obviously the deed was not done. It was priceless to see that little roo on the back of a big turkey. 

Last week my son got stung by a bee or yellowjacket at daycamp.  Thankfully he didn't have any major reactions.  Whew!   I found it ironic his bee stung happened within a few days of mine. I guess some of the other boys at camp knocked over a treestump and the insects flew out and stung everyone nearby.

I'm a little bit in denial of the fact school starts next week.  NO WAY the summer is over. I believe everything is ready to go for my son. The school has an open house on Thursday. 

Daily 5 things of the day that made me happy

1. Not having to wonder what to make for supper tonite.

2. My homemade granola.  So much better than the store bought junk. 

3. Someone said my hair had nice shine today.

4. We are getting lots of beans from the garden.

5. Skyping with my son today. He got a big kick out of it.




No comments: