Sunday, August 3, 2014

The perfect weekend

This weekend was one of those rare weekends where in everything fell into place and was so smooth that you want to mark it down on the calendar,

On Friday I worked a half day so I could go hang out with my son at his day camp. On Fridays parents are welcomed to come out for lunch and stay the afternoon.

My son was super pumped that I could attend. He has wanted me to come out since camp started.

I have two favorite photos of him jumping into the water.


I love how I caught him right after launch. 


I also got a little video of him jumping in. It's about 3 seconds.



After hanging out at the camp we drove to down and got school supplies, picked up a pizza and headed back home.

Saturday the alarm went off at 5 a.m. (I really need to change my alarm time). A few minutes later I got to hear one of the hens do her "I got to lay an egg song" which woke up Brewster so he felt the need to crow for a while.

After coffee the boys and I headed to a town about 30 minutes away and bought a boat!


It's my first boat and my guy's second time owning a boat. We were all so stoked and couldn't wait to run it through it's paces.

After lunch we took it to a nearby boat landing and away we went.

My son thinks it's the greatest thing ever.  I don't think he ever stopped smiling.


 It's been many years since I've been on the water. Almost 20 years, actually.  I stepped in and immediately said "Oh boy, I hope I don't have motion sickness." I quickly found my sea legs. I'm not going to lie, I was still a bit apprehensive since it had been so long since I was last on a boat.



My DH, he was thrilled with how the boat handled and how the motor ran. 


After a little bit he turned controls over to me. ... Well, let's just say I could have been better.  I panicked once or twice.  The lake was busy and I had this "fear" I was going to do something majorly wrong.

Other than my own inexperience getting the best of me, it was a great day to be on the water. 


It was great fun going around the lake. 


We cruised around this island a few times. 


After a while my son said he wanted to go swimming.   Can you see the huge grin on his face?


The boys jumped in twice and did swimming for a bit. 


There was one section of the lake that was fairly calm and not too many boats around.  It was a perfect spot for swimming. 


We got to watch a handful of people wipe out jet skiing, waved at MANY people on pontoons and see a handful of people canoeing along the shore.

When we left the lake my son started asking when we could go again.

Today we got up and went in to town and purchased materials for the new chicken coop. After getting home, unloading the truck and eating lunch my guy hooked the boat up to the truck and we went to the lake again.  This time there was a line and while we were waiting thunder started booming.  So we went back home. It was just in time. As we left the landing the rain started.

We opted to run to Hayward because we are low on chicken feed and we wanted to see what water-related stuff was available.

Now we are all a bit sad the weekend is over already.

Daily 5 things of the day that made me happy

1. The boat, this whole thing worked out so well for us.

2. Seeing both the turkeys running this afternoon.  I SO wish I had a video.  It was hysterical.  Then to see the Americauna's go running after them like "Hey guys! Wait up!"

3. The yummy steak we had for supper.

4. The green beans are coming in.

5. Garden fresh beets with supper. 

2 comments:

Kelsbels said...

You all look like you're having a blast! How fun!!

Steph said...

What a great weekend for you all! Looks like you are all loving that new boat. :)