Monday, March 7, 2016

Candling eggs

Tonight we candled a sampling of eggs.


 Each egg had signs of life in them.


 A few of the embryos reacted to the light, I think.  There was a little bit of movement in a few of the eggs.


I tried taking a video clip, but it turned out too dark.


 The first time we candled eggs I had a hard time seeing the embryo.  I thought the shell was just too dark for the light to shine through.  It's too dark because the baby is there!


The day started out so beautiful.  The air was super fresh and clean smelling.  Then, when I left the office for the day, it was cloudy and windy out.  What happened to the sun?


Today was publishing day at work.  The day started off a bit wonky because we needed to pull some editorial copy and an ad.  So I had to redo a few pages, which was a bummer.  The rest of the pages pulled together easily.  Then I got an email from the production person, saying I had a missing ad.  Say what?  Yup, I missed an ad.  It was keyed in after the last time I looked at the ad list for the issue.  Every thing still pulled together in a decent amount of time and I had time to start working on the website for the week. 

One of the ladies who buys eggs from me gave me this sweet tea towel today, along with a note saying how much her and her husband appreciated the farm fresh eggs I am able to provide the people at work.

 

This evening I finally broke out the sewing machine and made myself a rice pack in the style I used to make. I'm so happy with it.


The green one is the new one.  The fishy one I made some time back.  It works, but I miss having a big rick pack. 

Daily 5 things of the day that made me happy

1. How clean and fresh smelling the air was this morning.

2. A publishing day that didn't make me want to rip my hair out.

3. The nice thank you card I got today.

4. My son finally got the rough draft of his speech done. 

5. Chocolate milk.





No comments: