Thursday, March 3, 2016

Is it the weekend yet?

This has been a rough week. I'm ready for the weekend. Even though I'm feeling better, physically, I could still use some quiet time at home. Maybe watch a little James Herriot "All Creatures, Great and Small," and have my knitting with me. 

*sigh* A girl can dream.

Today was my first full day in the office this week.  It's nice to have coworkers who actually care about their fellow coworkers. I had a few stop by the office and ask how I was doing and if the pain was gone. No, the pain isn't fully gone but it's manageable.

Speaking of knitting, I did knit a few rows tonight.  I'm less than an inch from decreasing for the toe.  I thought I'd get these socks done be the end of this week.  I'm ready for a different type of project. 


The babies are still doing okay.  We are now on day seven of 21. Pretty soon I need to get the brooder boxes ready.


As much as I am looking forward to having the babies, I'm not looking forward to the smell that a potential 48 babies will make. I'm so thankful we have the little coop now.  Once they get too smelly for being in the house we can put them out there. They will also have more room to run around.

Tonight I did some puttering in the kitchen.  My husband eats low carb and I've been scouring the Internet for something that doesn't use sugar alternatives.  I mentioned the possibility of mixing unsweetened coconut and almond butter.  He was intrigued by this combo and I added a bit more to this combination and came up with a bar-type treat. .


The flavor is slightly reminiscent of "skinny chocolate" but better, I think. I feel it needs a little something.  More shredded coconut perhaps. My husband gave it a thumbs up. 

I have no precise measurements for this.  I mixed a bit of this and that until I got what I thought was a good consistency and put it in the fridge to chill.

Ingrediants are:
Coconut oil
Coconut flour
Sliced almonds
Almond butter
Sugar free chocolate chips (small amount)

If you decide to try it, let me know how it worked out for you.


Daily 5 things of the day that made me happy
 
1. My son has a new reading spot.
 
2. Having a game plan at work. 

3. Knitting for a bit this evening

4. How the ladies react when they see me enter the coop. 

5. A toasty fire going in the woodstove.
 


No comments: