Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Incubator watch: Day 6

And so it begins, the sort of official incubator watch.


We are on day six, out of 21 days. I've been obsessing just a wee bit.  Is the incubator the right temperature? How are they doing in there? Can their little ears hear when the low humidity alarm goes off? Yes, I know they don't have ears yet. But lots of things go through my mind.  I even worried when Elvis was sitting on eggs. She was a good little mama. 

My husband indulged me tonight and we candled a couple eggs ... 


Blood vessels!  At first I didn't see it for what it was, then it clicked. It's getting more real. My little fluffy butts are growing!


I can't even begin to explain just why this is so exciting to me. It's something that has grabbed me and not let go.  

Some time back I came across this video online.  If you have wondered what is going on in the egg during the 21 days, here you go. 




Daily 5 things of the day that made me happy

1. I'm feeling *so* much better today.  Still not 100 percent, but better.

2. Hearing the Blue Jays today. They were going after some bread I tossed out this morning

3. The smell of lavendar

4. The temps are gradually warming up

5. Peanut butter and honey toast. 



No comments: