Thursday, July 10, 2014

Feeling bright and cheery

The last few days I've been feeling pretty chipper and in good spirits. I have no idea what might have charged up my battery, so to speak.  Too bad I don't have more hours in the day to expend all the energy.

The weather the last few days has been pretty nice.  We spent some time outdoors and I guess the bronze turkey thinks it's people.


We had a little surprise yesterday under the deck.  One of the babies has laid it's first egg.



It seems so wee compared to the big girls eggs.


I was able to spend some time out in the garden last night.  I made a huge dent in weeding.

After letting the girls out today, a few of them have decided under my picnic table is the perfect place for their dust baths. 


Today after supper I tried out a recipe from one of the "Food In Jar's" recipe books.  It is for cantaloupe jam.  All said and done it was supposed to make three half-pints of jam.  I didn't bother waterbathing the one jar. It is an interesting flavor. I haven't fully decided if I love it or not. 


A bunch more baby chicks have hatched out.  I think we have 18 babies now.  All adorable. 


Daily 5 things of the day that made me happy
 
1. Watching music videos with my son.  
 
2. How nice the weather has been. 
 
3. Trying new recipes. 
 
4. Coworker bringing donuts to the office. 
 
5.  The turkeys let me pick them up when I went out to tuck them all in for the night.




1 comment:

Kelsbels said...

Canteloupe jam? I'll pass! :)

What are you going to do with all these babies??