Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Welcome July!

Seriously, where did June go?  I thought May went quick, but June ... I blinked and you were gone.

I feel like the school year just ended, yet the summer is one-third over.  Oh the humanity!

Okay, maybe not that dramatic, but the summer does seem to be flying by.  Possibly because my area finally started having summer-like weather. Now the weather has changed and it's windy and a bit dreary again.

For as busy as I've been, I still feel like such a slacker. I thought I'd be doing all kinds of reading and listening to audio books in the car. So far there has been no audiobooks and my son has read more than me. I'm so proud of him. He is reading "Guardians of Ga'Hoole" He is pretty into the series and is on book nine, I think.  As soon as one is done he asks me to pick up the next one from the library.  Yay for kids that read!

But we have been out and about exploring the area and it has been great. 

Tonite we went out and scouted the wild berry situation. I gotta say, we were looking in the WRONG direction last year.

It was a beautiful evening and the temps were just right.


We found a few places that look promising. 


There so so many side roads and field roads in my area. I bet it would take at least five years go explore it all. 


We hit a mini jackpot in a couple spots and got some blueberries.  I have to keep reminding myself that this is just the start of it.  I'll be picking raspberries and blackberries in a few weeks, too. 


Quite a few spots in the area have been logged out which is a bit of a bummer when you want to go out and see the beauty. 


This spot was just thick with blueberry bushes. 


After getting back from exploring I whipped myself up a batch of granola.  This batch turned out even better than the last one.


Daily 5 things of the day that made me happy

1. How good my granola turned out.

2. My son's cough is better.

3. Elvis seems to be out of her broodiness.

4. I found a great deal on bug spray.

5. Catching up on podcasts. 

No comments: