Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pseudo-lazy Sunday

After doing our bi-monthly trip to a town about an hour away this morning we decided to trek out and check out the blueberry bushes out and about. We are still looking for berry spots.

So we wandered up and down this road and that. 


The sky was a perfect blue and the clouds were so pretty.  Even the darker ones. 


While we were looking there was a quick rain storm. It lasted only minutes.  Big fat raindrops. 

We pulled over on one road and hopped out of the car to take a look.


There were *some* berries but not much. Soon, though, very soon, there will be plenty.


We picked and kept about half a cup of berries.  I know my son was eating them as soon as he was picking them. If I was nice, I could make blueberry pancakes to celebrate the first pick of the season. 


On one of the other roads there were wild roses growing in the ditch.


I haven't seen wild roses in years. 


In knitting news, I'm all done with the shawl I was working on. I cast off this morning and weaved the ends in tonite. It's currently all folded up and tucked away.  It is the Splendid Triangle Shawl by LionBrand. I used HomeSpun yarn.  I love this yarn for comfy shawls.


Now to pick out the next project.

Daily 5 things of the day that made me happy

1. Getting lots of groceries without breaking the bank.

2. Watermelon for dessert.

3. Going out on an "adventure" with the family.

4.  How well all the chickens put themselves to bed each night.  I may have said this one before but it really does make the evening easier.

5. First really good corn on the cob of the season.  Mmm, when it's good, it's good!




No comments: