Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sundays are for baking (finally)

Decent weather made for a perfect day to spent outside and in the garden for a bit. Much weeding was done and after a yummy dinner I busted out the baking gear and made my first batch of granola I've made in ages.
 

I had my first bowl and it's SO good.

I also busted out the dehydrater for the first time of the season.  I used my fancy new mandolin to slice up some Granny Smith apples.  When they are ready I'll be using them in my granola.


I was also a sweet wife and made another batch of the almond cookies that my guy loves.


Daily 5 things of the day that made me happy

1. Seeing the turkeys run.  It's hilarious!

2. Anti-itch cream for all the fresh mosquito bites

3. My homemade granola

4. The grape trellis is set up and it looks great.  I forgot to take a photo.

5. Making my son laugh.

No comments: