Thursday, June 5, 2014

School is out for summer

Today was the final day of the school year for my district.  The last day they have a picnic and the parents are invited (or encouraged) to attend, have lunch with their kids, see other parents, play and sign the kids out early.

I hadn't planned on going. Then my son asked me to go.  How could I refuse his request?



We spent the rest of the afternoon in town, visiting grandma and hitting some of the big box stores.

It's feeling a bit surreal that he's graduated from the third grade.  I still remember him getting ready to attend his first day of pre-K.  He was ready and raring to go then.  Despite the typical grumbling I know he really enjoys school.  He got high marks for all the subjects.  His teacher sang his praises and told me how happy she was when they found a book series that he got hooked on.  He's a bright kid and it's sometimes hard to find what really strikes his interest.

Now we shift over to the summer schedule.  This will be his first year being at daycamp for the whole session. Previously his grandma and I took different weeks to be with him and altering that with the daycamp.  He's enjoyed the daycamp in the past and I'm sure being there for the duration will do him some good.


Daily 5 things of the day that made me happy

1. Having a picnic lunch with my son today.

2.  Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at lunch.

3. Not having to cook dinner tonite.

4. My yard is all mown.  Looks so nice.

5. Rhubarb roots that I planted, then forgot about, is growing.  I'm going to be swimming in rhubarb in a few years.

2 comments:

Mali S. said...

Can't believe how big and handsome your son is getting! My oldest's school ends next Tuesday and the youngest one ends on Thursday.

Amnicon Studio said...

The school year went SO fast. I'm thankful it didn't get extended to make up for the days the school shut down this winter. I think it's going to be a great summer, however :-)