Sunday, June 8, 2014

Vacation, day two

Today I slept in a bit.  Just a smidgen. When I got up the sun was shining and no rain.  I had a quick cup of coffee, roused my son up and we all hit the fishing hole again.

It was so pretty there this a.m.  A morning mist was on the lake.


It wasn't completely peaceful.  I now understand why they call it a murder of crows.  I would have been peeved if crows were hanging out by my lake cabin and making all that noise.

Unfortunately for me, today was not such a great fishing day.  I think I caught only one this evening. A possible problem was I had something on my hands, like lotion.  The fish just weren't biting for me.  Fish were biting for the boys.

My son was able to land a bass that was a keeper.  He pulled it in all by himself.  I'm really proud of him.  He seems to be taking to fishing quite well. He can cast pretty good, is getting better at baiting his own hook and taking off his own fish.  He wants to go fishing later this week.  I'm fine with that.  It beats playing video games.


Some nice sunfish were caught. 


I have no idea what they are, except for the blue gills.  Those are pretty obvious to me. 


 I do believe this was the biggest sunfish catch of the day. This was a fiesty little fish.  He did not want to be still and have his photo taken.


When we got home my son and I got roped into helping my DH scale and clean the fish.  One word: Yuck! After that I have no desire to actually eat the fish.

On our way to and from the fishing spot my DH noticed there is blueberry plants ALL OVER the place. Not much exploring was done last summer over that way.  Last year we stuck to the atv trails closer to our house.

The picture doesn't quite do it justice.  Blueberry plants are thick for miles and miles.  It will be interesting to see if they do all bloom and produce fruit.


Target practice this afternoon.  I am so proud of myself with this clip. I usually don't do well with this size ammo (9 mm).  I rocked this! I think this is the best I've ever done, period.


Daily 5 things of the day that made me happy

1. Smoked pork roast for dinner.

2. I've got all the junk cleaned out of my car.

3. My son enjoys fishing.

4.  My great target practice session.

5. No work tomorrow!


No comments: