Monday, June 16, 2014

First day back in the real world

Today was my first day back at work *and* my son's first day at day camp.

The weather started out really nice but it got a bit warm and now it's just cloudy and kind of humid.

My first day back wasn't too bad.  It was a bit longer than typical on account of it being publishing day and some things weren't done ahead of time, i.e. stuff I usually do.  It's all good though.

I asked my son how his first day at day camp was and he gave me a "meh" response, but I know he enjoyed it.  One day down, nine weeks and four more days to go.

After getting home from work and doing some housework (with help from my son) I remembered the batch of root beer I made last week.  I have a bottle in the fridge and I'm going to enjoy it with some ice cream. Mmm :-)

So yeah ... a pretty low key day.  Right now I'm just waiting for the chickens, guineas and turkeys decide it's time to go to bed.

The dragonflies have hatched.  The mosquitoes aren't nearly as bad at they were a few days ago.  A person no longer gets swarmed when they step outside.

The last few days we've been collecting fertile eggs and my DH and I are going to run the incubator again. We've done much more research on this and we are doing a much smaller batch this time around. There are going to be two batches of babies about three weeks apart.  Course now I'm kind of thinking "oh boy, what are we doing to do with all these chickens?"  We'll find a way, we always do.

Daily 5 things of the day that made me happy

1. First day back to work went well.

2. I bought myself a first aid kit for my car.  It's a first step in getting an "emergency" box going in my car. It's something I've been meaning to do for the last two years.  It's taking me a while to implement my plan.

3.  Time for knitting tonite.

4. Chatting with coworkers.

5. I ate what I brought for lunch.




No comments: