Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Adventure

This evening it was decided to take an impromptu "adventure." This meant "Hey, let's go see if we can find X." 

Okay.

Off we went.

We drove to one of the lakes nearby.  We haven't been to this one yet. It was fun checking out something new to us. 


So pretty.


It was a nice little bit of the lake.  All around we could smell something sweet like Lilacs  but couldn't see anything flowering. 



My son took his shoes off and dipped his toes in the water.  He proclaimed the water was still cold. 


It was a pretty walk back to the car.  Everything is so new, green and fresh!


We decided to meander another way and came across a little river.  My guy saw fish hitting the surface. 


The sky was pretty gorgeous too.  It was a perfect evening, except for the mosquitoes. 


When we came back home and was in the garden area I noticed this "weed" that has fully bloomed out.  It's a shame it will be cut down soon. I saw a bumble bee making the rounds. The name Chick Weed comes to mind but I'm not sure if this is that.


 Speaking of adventures, I decided to try something new to me.  I was listening to a podcast and the guest was touting the benefits of green smoothies.   I loosely followed the recipe listed here.

I put in Mango, Banana, canned pineapple, spinach and almond milk.


It doesn't taste bad at all.  My son enjoyed it.  However, the thought of all those sugar carbs has me a bit leery.  Yes, it's "healthy" but that's a lot of carbs, even if it is from something "natural." It was a nice change, but I don't know how often I would be doing it.

 
Daily 5 things of the day that made me happy

1. The smell of freshly cut grass. Seems a lot of people were mowing their lawns today.

2. How perfect the weather was this afternoon when I left work.

3. Spring smells.

4. Trying something new and living to tell the tale.

5.  I'm almost all caught up on my podcasts.


No comments: