Sunday, June 1, 2014

Guinea's first day out

This afternoon we let the guineas, turkeys and the few chickens out of the coop for the first time.  They all fell out of the coop.  That first step was a doozy, I guess.


Then they all started flying around and scaring each other.  It was funny.


I tried taking video but it didn't turn out. 

The male bronze turkey kept fluffing up and showing off. 


The guineas hung around each other and moved as one. At one point my guy said that the guineas were being adorable.  Say what? Once they hit a certain age they are no longer adorable to me. But, I guess, they were sitting in the grass and cooing.  


All the birds stuck close to the coop.  We kept the big girls in their coop today.  They were not happy to see the other birds free ranging when they couldn't get out.  We know that if the big girls and roos were out they would have terrorized the guineas and scared them off.

As it was, the guineas weren't *too* bad putting back to bed.  We managed to shepherd them in and then grab the turkeys and the chickens manged to find their way into the coop themselves.

All doing this while it was raining out.  It's supposed to rain tomorrow.  The rain doesn't scare away the mosquitoes. The mosquitoes are still vicious right now.  The moisture isn't helping.  It is supposed to rain through tomorrow night. I've heard there are some areas under flood watches.

We got almost all the garden in now.  My DH was helping me plant this a.m. and it started raining.  There is just a small patch of garden area left.

Tomorrow is publishing day and the final week before I go on vacation. Lots to do this coming week.  My fingers are crossed that the weather cooperates.

Daily 5 things of the day that made me happy

1. We got new tires for the truck.  We are one step closer to having that bad boy ready for anything that could thrown at it next winter.

2. We split and stacked a load of wood and now we need 1 more load to do :)

3. Bug spray.  Seriously, I wouldn't be able to go outside right now.

4. We had a successful first outing with the guineas and turkeys.

5. The a/c is in.  Not that we are using it non-stop, but when we will need it we won't have to go haul it out.



No comments: